Thursday, September 27, 2007

Out of balance

After teaching 130 6th graders, coaching a 3rd/4th grade Knowledge Bowl team, attending a parent's meeting, making dinner, shopping for football treats, dropping off at soccer practice, dropping off at orchestra, making sure someone else can drive to Jazz band and piano practice, picking up from orchestra, going to football game, cheering, getting lesson ready to teach tomorrow, finish feeding rest of family, it is now 11:05pm and I have just finished making my grandmother's cure all chicken soup for the faculty treat table tomorrow. Something is wrong. I don't remember signing up for so much chaos. Good thing I love my kids and my teaching job.

Now I'm off to count the sleeping bodies.

Did I mention my mom and auntie are in Italy?

No comments: