Sunday, November 4, 2007

Nefertiti's Bust at Church

Teaching at my kid's school has many advantages. If they throw up at school, I'm right there. I can't do anything, but I'm right there. I know their friends. I have parent teacher conferences during lunch. etc. etc.

There is a small drawback. I taught 135 6th graders last year and 128 this year. I can't go down the halls at church without being called "Mrs. Elison" a few dozen times. Costco, library, you name it, those kids are there. Trick or treaters at my door saying, "Hi Mrs. Elison, is this where you live?" Scary.

So today at church, one of my highly entertaining students hung out the door of his Sunday School class and saw me walking by. He was thrilled to let me know he has been working hard on his Egypt report. In what can only be described as a loud, booming voice, he yells into the crowded hallway, "Mrs. Elison! I found the BEST picture of Nefertiti's BUST!!" And, of course, I say, "That is wonderful news. Bring it tomorrow, I can't wait to see it!"

I hope my church going friends realize the said bust is a highly prized find of Ancient Egypt. Lest they turn me in to the authorities...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Nefertiti_berlin.jpg



No comments: