Sunday, August 24, 2008

Jumbotron hands

The Park City Jazz Festival took place this last weekend. Tony's Little Big Band was the first ever Jr. High age band invited to play on stage! They were amazing!! It was their final performance together. Tryouts are next month. Hopefully he will make it again because it is too much fun. The best part was seeing him on the jumbotron! Talk about your out of body experience --my son was larger than life. I was not ready for that nor was I ready for the director saying, "Now we will play a song called 'Satin Doll' featuring Tony on the piano." What??? He never tells me anything! I got that on camera but it was the only part of my video I can't seem to download. When the jumbotron had the close up of his hands, I had to hold back the "THAT'S MY BOY" scream that was lodged in my throat. He is thankful for that. Had the woman in front of me shared her wine, I may not have displayed all that self control. Here is a small sample of their performance. (When my high tech friends come to my rescue, I'll be able to share 'Satin Doll') Yes, I am standing up at the end when the video goes all over the place and yes, you can hear my scream; however, I do not need to apologize for any words that would make a teenager cringe. My favorite line comes at the end when the MC says, "not old enough to drive but they sure can play." Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Dale said...

I KNOW THAT BOY!

Cheryl said...

Loved every second of it! Way to go, boys!!

AnneMarie said...

Awesome!!

AnneMarie said...

Oh, and I loved the "mom scream"! It's too bad we can't follow our kids around all the time and cheer them on in their daily activities--of course, they would probably disown us if we did!