Sunday, February 14, 2010

I use to could do things right

I hear snoring coming from different areas of the house. Peace, finally. Trying to update pictures when I don't hear snoring is a chore.

"If you use that picture, you'll ruin my life!"

"Do you know the (insert name of family)s read your blog?!"

"Any picture but that one!"
"No, not that one either!"

"Do I need a password to delete this stuff?"

I don't mean to ruin anyone's life. This is my therapy. No need to get your feather's ruffled.

Then Lou's high pitched voice pipes up, "Hey! Where's my picture?"
I'm glad to have one little person who doesn't accuse me of ruining their life. yet.

Truth is, life is getting crowded. I watch the days and weeks go by like I'm in a race. Seems to me sad things are happening at an alarming rate. If I can take time to recognize the blessings in life maybe the weight of the sorrow won't be overwhelming. Right now, the balance is not tipping in favor of joy.

And yet, looking at pictures, I remember the beauty that is life. I am grateful.

Funny how those very lives I'm ruining are the ones who tip the scale in favor of everything good.

7 comments:

darcee said...

My boys don't take my role as family historian very seriously either. But I insist on following the prophet! (or so I tell them. . . truthfully though it really is just very cheap therapy!)

AnneMarie said...

I was so happy to see a post from you pop up in my list! I love your perspective. And I love all the new pictures. You have a great family!!

Cedar, Chris & Annistyn said...

YAY! Your back in the blogging world again! Your kids look great!

Arlene Heiner said...

Fun pictures. I love keeping up with your family on the blog. I love the old truck painting Blake painted. It is amazing. What a great artist.

2 princesses & 2 knights said...

I am so glad you have put some thoughts on your blog. I have missed them. I love the pictures of your cute kids. And Blake is an amaizing artist. Please dont make me wait so long for the next update no matter who it might embaress!

Linda said...

Hello dear lost friend. Joni told me about your blog so here I am. You have not changed a bit and are as beautiful as ever, and your children are beautiful and BIG. I hope whatever is making you sad goes away and stays away. I miss you. One of us needs to call.
Love you,
Linda

Suzanne said...

What happened to your children? They look so BIG. Holy smokes! I miss you, friend.